Our communication gaming groups help kids work on their speech and language skills in a fun and engaging way. Sessions are tailored to each client’s strengths and needs. Kids won’t even realize they are learning!
Why Speech Therapy and Gaming:
Playing games in a guided and structured setting helps kids build verbal and emotional skills. In a communication gaming group, they learn to strategize and predict outcomes. They learn how to win and lose, increasing confidence and improving peer relationships. They have opportunities to interact with peers varying in skill and status. Our group uses the game Minecraft to target these skills. Kids see the results of their work in each session.
How a Communication Gaming Group improves Speech and Language skills:
- Sessions — guided and structured
- Data — collected each session and shared with parents
- Teamwork skills — collaboration, cooperation, flexible thinking
- Executive function — problem solving, critical thinking
- Emotional regulation — assigning/accepting roles/responsibilities, managing emotions
- Social language skills — initiation, maintaining conversation, cultivating friendships, choice making
- Expressive language — communicating wants/needs verbally and digitally, increasing language length, complexity and vocabulary
- Articulation/Fluency — practicing generalization of speech in spontaneous conversation in everyday situations
Contact Vibe Speech Therapy to learn more about how we can help you!